Wednesday, June 5, 2013

How to Take Care of Warriors in World of Warcraft


Warriors are simply a poor man's something else these days; particularly as Protection.  The "different classes are different" argument doesn't wash when it's abundantly clear that warriors are simply weaker than monks and paladins in every way that matters.

Will it be fixed? History says no. The very idea of giving up on my six-year toon gives me a headache, but unless I see something startling in the pipelines it's time to retire him.

As for the article, I believe prot warrior are the ONLY tanking class which has NO use of ANY DPS stat except if we count mastery. Haste is good for paladins, Dks, monks. Crit for monks and druids. Every class has SOME use of at least 1 dps stat, except warriors. Haste does nothing, crit does nothing. Mastery provides additional mitigation and some rage generation which is good but it does little in terms of DPS. Even when you get that rage from mastery procs more often than not you end up using it to soak more damage instead of reverting it to more damage or heals as say a paladin or a monk. I think since crit is a warrior loved stat maybe crit should do at least SOMETHING for prot. For example additional small amounts of rage when SS ir REV crit. Maybe an additional rage-free HS/Cleave when either SS or HS crit. Something like that. OR maybe make shield barrier/block crit. If I have 10% crit. make 1 in 10 blocks be GUARANTEED crit blocks for the duration or double the shield barrier. Something like that.

My WW Monk has similar issues with hit this tier.  I don't feel like I'm losing all that much DPS from that extra hit. I am sure can't get rid of it, though.  It does make the VP trinket particularly bad once you've gotten a lot of 522 gear.  All my DPS is tied into a single trinket.  Fortunately, I have that trinket, so nothing really else matters - I just keep replacing gear that has hit/exp on it with gear that has other stats as much as I can.

The tanking issue - I think they suffer from the Shaman problem.  Blizzard likes how Warriors tank, so they don't mess with it much.  So new gearing/damage paradigms that other classes go through tend to pass them by.  Warriors are basically using a BC itemization model to approach MoP gear and tanking.

Maybe it is a litter hard for you to take care of Warriors. So you can buy WOW accounts and buy WOW gold to support it.


No comments:

Post a Comment