Tuesday, September 3, 2019

how to keep veggies not falling through from grill

YRYM HT BBQ Grill mats are great for use in my electric smoker. They are easy to cut to fit on the cooking grates, keep smaller food from falling through (I like smoking shrimp), and clean up really easily. I use them for everything I put in the smoker. I liked that no food stuck to it and unlike the solid grill grill nonstick mats you actually got that grilled smoky taste. I've only had the opportunity to use them a couple of times but quite pleased with the results. Very non-stick and I like it because my food doesn’t fall through my grates. Great product, works well for small vegetables and the non stick means you don’t need to spray any lubricant on it. They do the job of keeping food from falling through the grill grate and from sticking. I use them on my smoker with low 240°F heat.


Very pleased with this YRYM HT BBQ grill mat . Sits right over the regular bbq grate and prevents smaller or more delicate pieces of meat, fish or vegetables from falling between the slats of the regular grate. Easy cleanup - just put it in the dishwasher & the job is done! This product still lets you enjoy the great flavors with grilling and the cleanup is next to nothing. They clean up really quickly and easily and seem pretty durable. I’ve used them several times now and so far, I enjoy using them. Very pleased with the purchase. Our grills need replacing so I bought these to place on top. They work but cleaning is messy. And if they are scrubbed, the grids tear. But for now they will work. A brilliant addition to my grill cook set. Fish didn’t stick at all, not at all! I can’t really give higher praise than that.


I grilled chicken and it did not stick with grill cooking mat. That was the good part. But the mat almost melted in one area and honestly it was a pain to clean. And you still need to scrub the grill a bit from leaking juices. I want to try veggies on it....that's really why I bought it. Definitely non-stick. Grilled chicken, fish and veggies in my Weber kettle and nothing stuck. However, easy to clean? Not at all. Tried soaking in soapy water, scrubbing with a plastic sponge, and dishwasher. Still black residue and the tiny holes are still filled with burned on residue. A tiny brush helped by threading it through each opening, but as you may imagine, that gets very old very quickly.Contacted the seller for advice and they told me todo the things that had already provided ineffective, so still not clean. Seller the offered a replacement or a refund. I took the refund and it arrived promptly.


I wanted to try since my porcelain coated grates are not that great. I bought this one because the price was right and if it didn't work, it wouldn't break the bank. I was really surprised how well it works . I used the mats to grill shrimp and veggies and they held up to the heat. The clean up was easy , I wiped it down with paper towel s while holding it with my tongs. After it cooled down I washed it soapy water and a sponge and rinsed. A good product and worth the price. I thought it was excellent . I did steaks and vegetables., nothing stuck to the mesh and cleaning was easy. These work well but it’s hard to keep grill low enough to avoid them igniting. Not easy clean even when cleaning right after use. My food did stick to the mat. So that part was a big bust.



No comments:

Post a Comment